about dotted line design
Dotted line design studio was established in 1997.We work mostly in the non-profit sector and are committed to playing a role in sharing and enhancing information that promotes and improves social justice, environmental responsibility and change. Our more recent projects have been in the health, sustainable energy, art & craft development and agricultural sectors. Our portfolio includes work for a range of Southern African non-profits like Sustainable Energy Africa, AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa, Wellness Foundation and the Craft and Design Institute.
Past clients also include local and national government departments like the City of Cape Town, Department of Arts and Culture and international organisations UNAIDS, Groundswell International, Medecins Sans Frontieres and ActionAid. The studio produced several publications in collaboration with academic institutions like the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, as well as the Universities of Western Cape and Stellenbosch.
We also provide an illustration service in a diverse range of styles and subject matter.
Dotted line design collaborates with specialised freelancers and partner with other service providers that share our dedication to reliable and professional service.
Brief outline of our skills and experience:
- Publishing: Book covers and books, manuals, brochures, flyers, posters, training material, as well as, research an annual reports. We also produce fact sheets and policy papers for advocacy groups and advisors.
- Corporate Identity: Logo design and branding applications for small to medium size businesses and non-government organisations.
- Illustration: Information graphics for non profit organisations, universities and government institutions. We also completed many commissioned illustrations for publishing houses (clients include NB Publishers, Random House /Struik Publishers and Drum, You and Go magazines).
- Comic strips and adult education: Educational comic strips and communication material for several organisations (ARASA, Women on Farms, ActionAid and City of Cape Town).
- Media campaigns: Assist in strategy development and material for awareness campaigns (Treatment Action Campaign, WasteWise campaign for the City of Cape Town, Smart Living Handbook – concept to implementation).
- Print management and production: We oversee and manage most of our projects from concept phase to final product, including all print management and co-ordination.
- Co-operative projects: We have long-standing relationships with a number of reliable service providers to extend capacity and complimentary skills.